At LIBER’s Annual General Assembly in 2005, members decided that a small premium should be added to the Annual Conference registration fee in order to permit grants to be made to assist member libraries in selected European countries to send representatives to attend LIBER Annual Conferences. The LIBER Annual Conference Fund supports participants from specific European countries each year on the basis of need and taking into account the location of the Annual Conference. The countries are agreed by the LIBER Executive Board annually at its October meeting, and decisions on applications to the Fund are made by the Conference Programme Committee.
The countries selected by the Executive Board for 2017 were Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Georgia, Greece, Kosovo, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine, Cyprus, Malta and Portugal.
The Conference Programme Committee for the 46th LIBER Annual Conference has decided to make awards from the LIBER Annual Conference Fund to the following applicants:
- Ioannis Clapsopoulos, University of Thessaly Library
- Nicoleta-Roxana Dinu, National Library of Romania, Romania
- Eleftheria Koseoglou, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki Library
- Burcu Muratoğlu, Koç University Suna Kiraç Library, Turkey
- Maria Ntaountaki, Technical University of Crete, Crete
- Renata Petrušić, National and University Library in Zagreb, Croatia
- Vanya Ruseva, New Bulgarian University, Bulgaria
- Adam Sofronijevic, ‘Svetozar Markovic’ University Library, Serbia
- Mine Akkurt, Sabancı University, Turkey
- Milnovic Vasilije, Belgrade University Library, Serbia
- Kamil Yesiltas, Koç University, Turkey
- Sofia Zapounidou, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Panagiotis Themistocleous, Open University of Cyprus, Cyprus
We warmly congratulate Fund recipients!